Samstag, 11. August 2012

Space

It's August and here in Germany that's the best time of the year to see falling stars
I don't know how you feel about this, but I have the feeling that today's people are not as interested in space as they used to be. Whenever I read/ listen to/ watch a science fiction story from the 1950's or 1960's, I envy the people of that age their enthusiasm and their positive thinking about the future of mankind.
Nevertheless there have been two major breakthroughs in space technology in the last two weeks: The landing of NASA's Mars Science Laboratory: Curiosity and the Russians completed successfully a new manoeuvre to fly to the ISS in less than 6 hours (that's less than from Düsseldorf to New York!).
If you want to celebrate this with some space related crafting, here are a few suggestions for you:
Crochet a diskworld
Bake a space-shuttle-cake
Sew a Space Invaders Quilt
Build R2D2 from wood

Get yourself a retro space desktop
 I suggest you start with David Bowie's Space Oddity.
Don't forget to make a wish if you see a falling star!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

I'd like to hear from you