Sonntag, 14. April 2013

Stash Note #2

In between Christmas and Easter I didn't find much time to sew. With this much work however,  I desperately needed to relax procrastinate every now and then. So no sewing but procrastinating - how does this fit together? -> project planning and fabric shopping.
I probably have enough projects in line by now to keep me busy for a whole sabbatical (not that I'm having one) ;).
So here we go: I show you all the projects I'm planning and you can point with your finger on me by the end of the year for not finishing half of them *g*.
First is an update on stash note #1. I bought more of this beautiful fabric by Pat Bravo and some oakshott "sand" as solid. These will make a starburst quilt for me.
Second are some sea related blue fabrics. On the left is Tula Pink's "Salt Water" and on the right Deb Strain's "Seascapes". These fabrics have quite different hues of blue/ aqua but I'm planning for a scrappy quilt ("trip around the world"), so diversity is an advantage. My stash also contains a lot of blues/ aquas that go with these fabrics. This quilt is supposed to be for my uncle, who loves blue and the sea.
 Third are some really beautiful fabrics in white/ black/ grey: "architextures" by Caroly Friedlander fo Robert Kaufman and "faux bois" by Patty Sloniger for Michael Miller. I don't have a particular project in mind for these, maybe some paper piecing. (I got them here)
These amazing fabrics are the Lipari line by oakshott fabrics. They're shott cottons with one direction in black so they have this dark shine and look different from every angle. This makes them the perfect fabrics for a "male" quilt (for Tino). The only problem I'm having with these is the combination with other fabrics. Bright solids would work without doubt but I want to keep it very male - meaning greyish dark. I bought some other fabrics (!) here that might go with them. I have to give them much more procrastinating thought:

2 Kommentare:

  1. Oh, so glad to know I'm not the only one who does this! The reason I have so many projects in progress and so many others all prepped is that when I can't get to the sewing, I forget that I have all these projects and I go out and get more. Which is why I have 8 quilt WIPs and at least 5 more with specific fabrics/patterns "in the wings". And none of that includes any of my garment sewing!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Hi, bin über das Landmädel QAL auf deinen Post gestoßen. Ich mache zwar nicht mit, finde die Aktion aber toll. Mir sind es auch ein bisschen zu viele Blöcke, könnte aber sein, dass ich daraus etwas kopiere. Warum ich aber eigentlich schreibe, habe deinen Scrappy trip around the world quilt gesehen. Da ist mir doch gleich aufgefallen, dass du da die gleichen Stoffe kombiniert hast, die ich auch für meine Wohnzimmersofakissen gekauft habe. Seascapes und Salt Water, konnte einfach nicht widerstehen, die sind beide so klasse. Ich habe sogar exakt die identischen Fat Quarters, wahrscheinlich im gleichen dawanda Shop ergattert. ;-) Habe hell türkisen, marineblauen und grauen Uni dazu gelegt, denke, dass sich das ganz gut "verbindet". Mal sehen. Viel Spaß beim Nähen, hoffe, der Abistress ist vorbei.

    AntwortenLöschen

I'd like to hear from you